Monday 16 June 2014

Sukin Review.

Hey Guys,

A couple of weeks ago I discovered Sukin and did a haul of all the goodies that I bought.

Now I've had some time to give the products a go, as promised, I'm here to review them for you.


 Facial Scrub: $13.99 NZD 125ml



 This is a fair bit more expensive than my normal facial scrub (St Ives apricot scrub) and there is less of it. But the product itself is really good. At first the texture felt a bit strange, (it's very milky, almost creamy,) but it leaves the skin feeling very fresh and clean. I've found that you only need a small amount to get the job done. Because this is a consent rated product, it will last a while, making it a pretty good investment.




 Facial Moisturiser for sensitive skin- $14.99 125ml: 



Ignore my face in the bottle

 Again, a bit more expensive than the $7-$8 I pay for Simple, however it is calming to see 100% vegan written on packaging. I have found this to work really well. It's quite rich, meaning it is great for these wintery months when your skin tends to be more dry.  As for being for sensitive skin, I'm not too sure. I can't tell whether it's the toner I use before this that is reacting in a strange way, but I have found that I get a tingling in my face when I first put this on. I don't get any other irritation, just the weird tingles. 



Purifying Shampoo- $19.99 500ml: 





 This is the product I was most excited about. As good vegan haircare can be such a pain to find. My first couple of tries with this didn't go so well. At first I couldn't get it to lather, then I found when my hair dried, it was still dirty. But I persevered, and on the third try hacked it. You really have to give your head a good rub to get the bubbles going and be super thorough with rinsing. Once I had realise how to wash my hair like a proper person I found this shampoo really nice, my hair felt shinny and most importantly-clean. Also, it smells great. Citrusy with a hint of vanilia. It kind of reminds me of Lush's Happy Hippy.   I will definitely be repurchasing this.


You may have noticed that I haven't reviewed the freebies that I got. The reason being is that I haven't tried them and I'm not really too sure that I will. If I do, I will let you guys know my thoughts.

Hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful.

Au revoir my lovelies

                                                 Rachael xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment